Conference Day Two: Wednesday, 11 December 2019
8:00 am - 8:55 am Registration and Networking
8:55 am - 9:00 am Day One wrap-up, Day Two rev-up! Chairman`s remarks
A lot of companies have started using SCADA/ICS systems for the last couple of years to automate data collection and related equipment. Moreover, there is a prediction that the global ICS market alone will grow from $58 billion in 2014 to $81 billion in 2021.
According to a Forrester study, 56% of organisations using SCADA/ICS reported a breach last year and only 11% admit that they have never been breached.
9:00 am - 9:30 am NETWORK SECURITY AND PROTECTING YOUR DATA
- Protecting all your business areas, including the most difficult ones
- Keeping your organization safe from malicious activity – IDS/IPS, Malware scans, application control, threat security amongst other
Dan HeywoodTechnical Director
Virgin Mobile, UAE
AI AS A TOOL TO NEUTRALIZE CYBER THREATS WITHOUT HUMAN INTERVENTION
Organisations are spending close to $100 billion on a dizzying array of security products. However, Artificial intelligence (AI) can offer IT security professionals a way to enforce good cybersecurity practices and shrink the attack surface instead of constantly chasing after malicious activity.
9:30 am - 10:00 am AI HACKERS NEW WEAPON FOR CYBER ATTACK
If you want to stay on the bleeding edge of AI tech to prepare for prescient threats, read on to learn how advanced cyber threats are changing security needs and how your business can leverage AI to protect your data and your profits.
Hessa Al NahdiCISO
DEPARTMENT OF CULTURE AND TOURISM, ABU DHABI
10:00 am - 10:20 am AI AS AN ENABLER FOR ROBUST YET USABLE USER AUTHENTICATION
- The importance of user authentication
- Desirable requirements for authenticating users in a federated, transparent and robust manner
- The role of AI in enabling this while mitigating the security, usability and privacy issues
10:20 am - 11:20 am Networking coffee break and refreshments
APPLICATION SECURITY AND PHISHING ATTACKS
11:20 am - 11:50 am REGIONAL TRAILBLAZER: OFF THE LAND TACTICS LEVERAGES A PHISHING ATTACK
- Utilizing PowerShell and scripts in phishing attacks
- Discussing methods to exercise the threat and methods to secure the environment - Various tactics that an adversary attacker can utilize with discussing layers of defence
- Monitoring human behaviour to avoid phishing attacks
11:50 am - 12:10 pm ANTI-PHISHING - THE IMPORTANCE OF PHISHING AWARENESS TRAINING FOR IT AND OT PROFESSIONALS
- Know how to create and implement a strong phishing awareness training strategy within your employees
- Anti-phishing: Threat modelling and impact analysis
CLOUD STORAGE DEBATE – HOW SECURE IS YOUR DATA WHEN STORED IN THE CLOUD?
As cloud storage becomes more common, data security is an increasing concern for small, medium and large businesses.
12:10 pm - 12:50 pm REGIONAL TRAILBLAZER PANEL: SECURITY RISKS OF ENTERPRISES USING CLOUD STORAGE AND FILE SHARING APPS
- Communicating there risks by regular training sessions by ensuring employees understand their role and responsibilities for the protection of all digital assets
- File sharing security and the benefits of having a data protection solution in place to protect your information
- The usage of third-party cloud storage, such as DropBox, OneDrive, Google Drive for sharing files and the risks coming with it
- Understanding what is the cloud and how social media, such as Facebook and Twitter can leak important information and data
Sultan AltukhaimDirector of Information Security
CAPITAL MARKET AUTHORITY, KSA
GOVERNMENT ENTITY, UAE
Sultan Al-OwaisCorporate Digital Services Director
PRIME MINISTER’S OFFICE, UAE
12:50 pm - 1:10 pm IS THE CLOUD SAFEST PLACE FOR STORING SENSITIVE DATA?
- The biggest concern is lost data in the Cloud, not hacked data – Eliminating the problem by using the Cloud as a “sharing” platform instead of a “storage” platform
- Biggest security benefits of storing data in the Cloud - From version control and granular access control to hybrid storage solutions
- Cyber security and data privacy: What are you over-looking?
1:10 pm - 2:10 pm Lunch break & networking
DIGITAL DISRUPTION AND CYBER SECURITY
2:10 pm - 2:30 pm DIGITAL DISRUPTION AND CYBER SECURITY
- Description of Big Data and power of data
- Big Data technology and it`s benefits
- Security issues with Big Data
Abdulwahid AbdullahAssistant Professor of Cyber Security, Dean of Student Affairs
Jubail University College, Royal Commission for Jubail and Yanbu, KSA
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm THE EVOLUTION OF CYBER SECURITY THREATS IN THE ERA OF DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
- How digital transformation got affected by security threats
- Security has moved beyond IT
- New technologies = new threats
Ahmed AlkindiIT Manager
NATIONAL AMBULANCE, UAE
3:00 pm - 3:00 pm End of the conference day two
The published programme is correct at time of printing. However, given the seniority of our speakers and the nature of their roles, speakers may subsequently substitute or remove themselves from the programme. This is always regrettable, and we will always try to replace the speaker with a speaker with equivalent insight.