Conference Day One: Tuesday, 27 November 2018
Tuesday, November 27th, 2018
9:10 AM INTERNATIONAL KEYNOTE CASE STUDY: Botnets, Automated and Distributed Threats – Strengthening your Government Security Posture through a Multifaceted Objective and Action Oriented Approach
Automated and distributed threats are increasing globally; their aim is to crush network resources by sending enormous quantities of spam and subsequently disseminating malware. Prevalent ransomware attacks are distributed through botnets that ultimately hold systems and data hostage for currency; and false advertising campaigns that influence and intimidate communities through social media are increasing and often impacting political and business agendas. In this session, Sherry Rumbolt, will guide you through a proactive approach to addressing each of these scenarios through partnership, innovation, education, and stronger leadership.
- Overview of problem scope including trends with Internet of Things (IoT).
- Areas of challenge; how to assess/understand constraints and build manageable priorities.
- Identify meaningful objectives to overcome threats and developing an obtainable plan.
Conference Day Two: Wednesday, 28 November 2018
Wednesday, November 28th, 2018
11:40 AM PANEL DISCUSSION: Achieving Compatibility in a Multi-Vendor Environment by Effectively Integrating Cyber Security Solutions
Government departments and agencies manage a variety of solution providers at a time. Initiating a security overhaul can therefore induce issues with patching and integrating legacy with new technology systems.
- Identifying static security system measures and consolidating the network architecture.
- Automating cyber security management to defend against automated cyber threats, and eliminate inadequate patching.
- Creating a specialised threat analysis and protection plans with multiple vendors