Taking a leap into the Cloud: Improving vendor relationships to better manage cloud based cyber risks in the public sector
Developing Effective Cyber Defence Capabilities to mitigate exposure to Phishing Attacks in Government
What steps can be taken to mitigate phishing attacks across government agencies?
To answer this question, we recently caught up with Marco Figuerora, the Chief Information Security Officer at the Department of Finance, Services and Innovation NSW. In this article, Marco shares insight into the types of training and awareness programs that are required to mitigate phishing attacks and the preventative measures which can be used to combat cyber crime in government agencies.
Ahead of Cyber Security for the Public Sector 2018, we chat to Sherry Rumbolt, Senior Information Security Officer at the National Department of Defence, Canada who discusses:
- The necessary processes needed for a strong cyber defence capability
- Educating staff to enable proactive cyber solutions for the future
- The importance of incident reporting to create an optimal risk culture in cyber security
Ahead of Cyber Security for the Public Sector 2018, we look at Australia’s cyber security landscape and explore recommendations from top organisations regarding the best methods to strengthen an organisations cyber defence such as:
• Anticipating your adversaries to pre-emptively develop defensive solutions
• Patching applications and operating systems to ensure all exploitable loopholes are covered
• Backing up your data to ensure quick returns to business as usual in the aftermath of a cyber attack
Ahead of Cyber Security for Public Sector 2018 we catch up with Marco Figueroa, CISO at the Department of Finance, Services and Innovation NSW, Sherry Rumbolt, Senior IM/IT Security Officer, Department National Defence, Canada and Matthew Sirotech, Manager of Governance, Security and Risk at Family and Community Services (FACS) NSW about ensuring a defensible cyber security capability.
Read the article to learn more about:
- Creating standardised forms of processes and operations to lessen cyber security risk
- Providing regular simulations for employees to practice mitigating cyber attacks
- Support and educate your employees on cyber security to reduce potential risks
The 8th Annual Cyber Security for the Public Sector Summit in Sydney, NSW is one of the most focused and insightful cyber security events for public sector organisations in Australia.
Download the Business Case and see why this is the must attend cyber security event for you.