Cyber Security Digital Summit APAC
Uniting cyber security professionals and thought leaders from across the world ONLINE for two days of free sessions; delivering practical business tips, top challenges and solutions as they relate to securing your enterprise.
July 30 - 31, 2019
About The Online Event
2018 saw cyber-attacks grow in both frequency and sophistication. Criminals found new threat vectors and began to use advanced technology such as artificial intelligence to strengthen their attacks and seek out vulnerabilities their victims were previously unaware of. The upside to this was that many companies finally began to make cyber security a top priority, digging deeper into establishing where their threats lie and looking to fight back with evermore sophisticated software.
As more and more CISOs get a place at the boardroom table, the Cyber Security Digital Summit looks at what more can be done. With such a huge amount of sophisticated technology available to CISOs; what works best? As your enterprise becomes digitalized, and BYOD increases, what needs to change to keep your organization safe? The event also looks into best practice when working with the hybrid cloud, privileged access management, automation and third-party risk management. Additionally, we revisit data analytics, looking at how you can tackle scale and data relevance to enhance security awareness, threat intelligence and monitor changing risks. Join us in July at this one-of-a-kind, free, online event.
Agenda Day 1 - Tuesday, July 30, 2019
9:00 - 9:40 am SGT -- Confronting An Inconvenient Truth: The APAC-Wide Cyber Security Talent Shortage
- How far can organisations rely on AI technology alone to protect critical data?
- Best practice for training and developing staff to face a constant barrage of threats
- Uploading new training datasets and expert knowledge to utilise machine learning
- How to realistically resource the need for intensive and high-quality inputs
10:30 - 11:15 am SGT -- New Age Attacks: CISO Strategies to Counter & Remediate
The threat landscape has grown by leaps and bounds. The World Economic Forum 2018 has, for the first time, put “cyber” as one of the top 5 risks in terms of likelihood. Researchers also say that by 2021, there will be at least one “zero-day” attack every day. Malware and fileless attacks are also on the rise. Fileless attacks were included in an estimated 77% of successful data breaches worldwide and 35% of all cyber-attacks are fileless exploits, according to a Ponemon Institute report for 2018.
In this context, CISOs and their teams form the fulcrum of an organization's ability to bounce back and maintain business continuity. We look at ways and means to help CISOs evolve continuously and stay ahead at their game.
**Moderated By** Tarun Kumar, CISO, Nissan Digital at Nissan Motor Corporation (India)
12:00 - 12:45 pm SGT -- The Insecurity Of The Internet of Things: Is Your Business IoT Safe?
- Why the number of attacks on consumer IoT devices and industrial IoT systems will increase due to the increasing prevalence of IoT in APAC enterprises
- Mitigating the risk of attacks on your underlying cloud infrastructure
- Safe-guarding access to multi-tenanted and multi-customer environments against attacks
- Fostering customer loyalty or business relationships by ensuring strong and visible cyber security
- Maintaining cyber hygiene to stay competitive
2:00 -2:45 pm SGT -- Smarter Defences Against The Evolving Danger Of Mobile Device Threats
- Just how pervasive are threats from mobile devices in 2019? Have you done enough?
- Securing the modern enterprise in a digital world: challenges to consider
- The threat from within: how your employees can strengthen their cybersecurity posture
- Identifying the key mobile device cyber security risks plaguing organizations today how
Agenda Day 2 - Wednesday, July 31, 2019
9:00 - 9:40 am SGT -- Implementing Artificial Intelligence To Build Smarter, More Agile Cyber Security
In 2019, enterprises across APAC are increasingly becoming aware of the commercial imperative to follow the lead of cyber-security conscious global organisations. Businesses at the forefront of cyber defense are using AI and other forms of Machine Learning to help under-resourced security departments stay ahead of threats by tracking threat intelligence across thousands of sources. In this session we look at best practice for implementation, data management and securely transforming legacy systems.
- Piloting and implementing an AI security system
10:30 - 11:15 am SGT -- Are You And Your Third-Party (Vendor) Cyber Security The Weakest Link? Goodbye!
- Why Identifying and assessing risk from third-party providers should be included in a company’s risk assessments along with their other systems
- Assessing the impact of a potential security breach of each service provider
- Critical steps to creating a framework for mitigating these security risks
12:00 - 12:45 pm SGT -- Demystifying MSPS: What You Should Expect From Your Managed Service Provider (MSP)
- Clarifying the responsibilities an MSP has to its customers
- Why MSPs must implement best practice cyber security and be transparent when a compromise occurs: what to do in the event they fall short
- Steps your MSP is taking to remediate and mitigate the risk of a compromise reoccurring in the event of a breach: have these been shared with you?
- Potential legal obligations of MSPs under the Notifiable Data Breaches Scheme
2:00 -2:45 pm SGT -- Human Factors: Anticipating The Risk Of Human Error For Robust Cyber Security
- Measuring the risk of malicious intent as the primary motivation behind a data breach
- Mitigation strategies available to you and your workers to avoid data breaches and security compromised by human error
- How to identify which systems require protection, which adversaries are most likely to target your systems and what level of protection is required
(Speakers to be added soon)
CISO- Cyber Security and IT Risk Management
CISO, Nissan Digital
Nissan Motor Corporation (India)
(Additional sponsors to be added soon)