100% Zero Trust: Protecting & Enabling The New Workplace In 2021 And Beyond
Well before 2020, CEOs were facing unprecedented challenges as they led their companies into the digital era—an era that would shake up business models, change the workforce, and test an organisation’s viability at every turn. And then at the end of Q1 2020 businesses faced a new and immediate threat.
Accommodating The New Speed Of Business
Some companies that were well into their digital transformations were able to adapt quickly to the changes brought about by global work-from-home programs and lockdowns. But many others faced significant business disruption, as their teams led by CIOs, CTOs, and CISOs had to grapple with legacy network and security infrastructures.
The crisis brought into acute focus the fact that these technologies, designed for a world when applications were in the data centre and users were on the network, are no longer equipped to accommodate the speed of business, and that companies can no longer afford to take incremental steps in their digital transformation journeys.
Join us in a discussion of how you can leverage cloud-based zero trust solutions in 2021 to provide immediate value in a constantly evolving business environment in a rapidly changing world.
Cloud-Based Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) From Theory To Practice
Join this webinar where we'll discuss how your organisation can receive three key benefits through a Zero Trust approach including:
- Increased user productivity
- Reduced business risk
- Reduced costs and simplified IT
Key Takeaways Include Realizing
- Why the traditional infrastructure and network security model is no longer equipped to accommodate the speed of business, a mobile workforce and current security threats.
- How the zero trust model enables organisations to increase user productivity, reduce business and organisational risk, and reduce costs and simplify IT
- What zero trust solutions are available, how they work, how quickly they can be implemented to provide organisations with immediate value, and how Australia’s largest bank moved to zero trust