Conference Day Two: Tuesday, 26 February 2019
8:00 am - 8:55 am Registration and Networking
8:55 am - 9:00 am Day One wrap-up, Day Two rev-up! Chairman`s remarks
GDPR`S IMPACT ON THE MENA REGION
It is a new norm that 4-5% of your total turnover is expected regulatory fines. Should your business treat this as routine business expenses and move on?
9:00 am - 9:40 am PANEL DISCUSSION: GDPR IMPACT ON MENA REGION
- One of the most important – being aware of the risks of prosecution and breaking the principles of GDPR, which could result in huge penalties of up to 4% of global turnover or 20 million Euros
- Adding a new layer of security analytics and monitoring to enable fast response reporting – network access control capabilities, machine learning etc.
- How does the MENA region respond to GDPR regulations
Dan HeywoodTechnical Director
Virgin Mobile, UAE
AI AS A TOOL TO NEUTRALIZE CYBER THREATS WITHOUT HUMAN INTERVENTION
Organisations are spending close to $100 billion on a dizzying array of security products. However, Artificial intelligence (AI) can offer IT security professionals a way to enforce good cybersecurity practices and shrink the attack surface instead of constantly chasing after malicious activity.
9:40 am - 10:00 am AI, MACHINE LEARNING AND THE IMPORTANCE OF DATA SECURITY
- AI and machine learning as tools to help IT security professionals to achieve cyber hygiene
- Vulnerabilities of AI depending on the interfaces within and across organisations
- Avoid creating opportunities for access by “bad actors” or disreputable agents
Dr. Jassim HajiPresident of Artificial Intelligence Society- Bahrain
Artificial Intelligence Society of Bahrain
10:00 am - 10:20 am AI IN HEALTHCARE: FROM PROTECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HEALTH RECORDS TO DATA MANAGEMENT TO REMOTE DIAGNOSIS AND PREDICTIVE ANALYSIS
- Hospitals as a huge target for cybercrime – Due to housing “immutable” data, which is particularly useful for identifying threat and healthcare reimbursement fraud
- Detecting malicious information and anomalous behaviour through the deployment of AI in your computer system
- Incident response: rapid deployment and remediation
10:20 am - 11:00 am COFFEE BREAK Swap business-cards and break the ice with your fellow participants to start making those valuable connections
THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING AWARE OF PHISHING ATTACKS
Phishing costs businesses $500M a year. 91% of advanced cyber attacks begin with email. Simply by clicking on links in phishing emails can install malware or ransomware.
11:00 am - 11:20 am REGIONAL TRAILBLAZER: OFF THE LAND TACTICS LEVERAGES A PHISHING ATTACK
- Utilizing PowerShell and scripts in phishing attacks
- Discussing methods to exercise the threat and methods to secure the environment - Various tactics that an adversary attacker can utilize with discussing layers of defence
- Monitoring human behaviour to avoid phishing attacks
Nawwaf AlabdulhadiSenior IT Security Specialist
Saudi Aramco, Saudi Arabia
11:20 am - 11:40 am ANTI-PHISHING - THE IMPORTANCE OF PHISHING AWARENESS TRAINING FOR IT AND OT PROFESSIONALS
- Know how to create and implement a strong phishing awareness training strategy within your employees
- Anti-phishing: Threat modelling and impact analysis
CLOUD STORAGE DEBATE – HOW SECURE IS YOUR DATA WHEN STORED IN THE CLOUD?
As cloud storage becomes more common, data security is an increasing concern for small, medium and large businesses.
11:40 am - 12:20 pm REGIONAL TRAILBLAZER PANEL: SECURITY RISKS OF ENTERPRISES USING CLOUD STORAGE AND FILE SHARING APPS
- Communicating there risks by regular training sessions by ensuring employees understand their role and responsibilities for the protection of all digital assets
- File sharing security and the benefits of having a data protection solution in place to protect your information
- The usage of third-party cloud storage, such as DropBox, OneDrive, Google Drive for sharing files and the risks coming with it
- Understanding what is the cloud and how social media, such as Facebook and Twitter can leak important information and data
Sultan AltukhaimDirector of Information Security
Capital Market Authority, Saudi Arabia
Osama SalahIT Security Governance
12:20 pm - 12:40 pm IS THE CLOUD SAFEST PLACE FOR STORING SENSITIVE DATA?
- The biggest concern is lost data in the Cloud, not hacked data – Eliminating the problem by using the Cloud as a “sharing” platform instead of a “storage” platform
- Biggest security benefits of storing data in the Cloud - From version control and granular access control to hybrid storage solutions
- Cyber security and data privacy: What are you over-looking?
SPECIAL SESSION: CYBER RISK
12:40 pm - 1:00 pm PRAGMATIC ECONOMICALLY DRIVEN CYBER RISK MANAGEMENT
- Why we need to abandon qualitative risk management using heat maps and adopt quantitative risk management
- Introduction to Factor Analysis of Information Risk (FAIR) the standard Value at Risk (VaR) framework for cybersecurity and operational risk
- Pragmatically achieving well-informed decision making using FAIR
Osama SalahIT Security Governance
1:00 pm - 1:20 pm BIG DATA SECURITY CHALLENGES
- Description of Big Data and power of data
- Big Data technology and it`s benefits
- Security issues with Big Data
1:20 pm - 4:15 pm LUNCH BREAK & NETWORKING Swap business-cards and break the ice with your fellow participants to start making those valuable connections End of Conference Day Two
4:15 pm - 4:15 pm End of the Conference
The published programme is correct at time of printing. However, given the seniority of our speakers and the nature of their roles, speakers may subsequently substitute or remove themselves from the programme. This is always regrettable, and we will always try to replace the speaker with a speaker with equivalent insight.