Monday, December 09, 2019
Monday, December 9th, 2019
The ability to communicate effectively with top executives and internal teams is critical to keep FUD or fear, uncertainty, and doubt from infiltrating your organization. Clearly articulating your cybersecurity health is imperative to align with top business objectives and is invaluable to ensure businesses maintain an “at fingertips” risk posture. How will existing cybersecurity leaders help bridge the widening gap in talent, create a path for the next generation while continuing to evolve and mature their careers?
In this session, you will:
- Discuss creating value and innovation in your critical cybersecurity mission initiatives to elevate an emerging generation of cyber talent with carving out clear career paths for increased talent retention within your organization
- Share lessons learned to forge beneficial relationship multi-directional within the organization to create greater confidence in your risk-based decisions
- Explore the role of the CISO in 5 years and potential post-career opportunities
This fast-moving, multi-topic session is comprised of three quick fire presentations to be completed in 10 minutes. Each presentation will focus on one specific challenge cyber-security leaders are facing and will provide actionable solutions that can be used to overcome these challenges effectively.
Tuesday, December 10, 2019
Tuesday, December 10th, 2019
The global cyber-security market is expected to reach $169 billion by 2020, so how do CISOs benchmark the best technologies and how do cutting edge vendors stand out in the crowded marketplace?
During this session, emerging cyber-security vendors will convey the benefits of their unique solutions to the audience while an experienced cyber leader helps spearhead audience participation. The CISOs in the audience will follow up with questions, advice on go-to-market strategies, and how to cut through the noise to increase market traction and adoption by the security team.
Wednesday, December 11, 2019
Wednesday, December 11th, 2019
Why is spear phishing detrimental to your business? At its most basic level, spear-phishing attacks are a highly targeted form of cyber scamming involving well-crafted emails being sent to deeply researched victims. These cyber hackers utilize highly organized reconnaissance methods such as executive summaries from company websites, social media scraping methods, and social engineering to hijack processes. Bespoke emails are hard to spot without close inspection and difficult to stop with technical controls alone. There have been many, many examples of high profile spear-phishing attacks that had led to significant financial loss.
In this session, you will learn:
- Explore common scams industry leaders are encountering and what they’re doing to combat threats
- Hear how cyber leaders are educating and protecting executive and finance teams from being clickbait
- Discuss techniques to elevate defenses and protect your most valuable assets against “whaling.”