Conference Day One: Tuesday, 27 November 2018
Tuesday, November 27th, 2018
2:20 PM PANEL DISCUSSION: Examining the Cloud as a Divergent Digital Landscape Instigating New Security Risks for Data
Government departments and agencies are trending towards aggregation critical systems. Unlike on premise data storage, the cloud produces a superior capacity, greater savings, convenience and increased data access flexibility. However, cloud services have created a systematic economic risk which requires reliance on vendors as a second party supply chain; reducing data control. Subsequently, a new environment requires new methods of defence.
- Exploring vendor inspection frameworks to ensure a trustworthy and secure cloud solution.
- Defining cyber security risk management and insurance as cloud service providers are not accountable for breaches.
- Exploring cloud innovation and encouraging staff to have a positive attitude and active training participation towards the cloud.
Conference Day Two: Wednesday, 28 November 2018
Wednesday, November 28th, 2018
9:50 AM CASE STUDY: Investigating Security Operations where Classified or Sensitive Information is Involved.
How does an agency ensure adequate security operations while not adding to its risk exposure in other areas? AUSTRAC has been exploring this field and has settled on a solution which ensures a high degree of security for our information while also implementing a high quality information security operations capability.
- The challenges of maintaining an adequate cyber security monitoring baseline, especially in a small organisation
- How restrictions on accessing classified data and systems effect choice of Security Operations Centre implementation
- Different shades of out-sourcing a SOC capability
- How do third party services or hosting impact your SOC decision?
- Security Operations solutions