Department Finance, Services & Innovation NSW
Conference Day One: Tuesday, 27 November 2018
Tuesday, November 27th, 2018
11:20 AM PANEL DISCUSSION: Senior Leaders Deliberate and Strategise Against Present and Future Cyber Security Challenges
Industry experts discuss their unique vulnerabilities and challenges in the cyber space including the pressing issues of sophisticated cyber threats and digital landscape transformations. Concentrating on recent experiences in their organisations this panel will share their critical security decisions and actions taken to increase both internal and external cyber defences.
- The insider threats and the need to effectively mitigate them with internal skills and awareness training.
- Proactively addressing the shortage of skilled cyber security professionals, and non-technical employees lacking awareness of cyber security practices.
- Identifying and prioritising the most pressing security concerns and establishing solutions in an ever-expanding cyber security market.
Conference Day Two: Wednesday, 28 November 2018
Wednesday, November 28th, 2018
11:40 AM PANEL DISCUSSION: Achieving Compatibility in a Multi-Vendor Environment by Effectively Integrating Cyber Security Solutions
Government departments and agencies manage a variety of solution providers at a time. Initiating a security overhaul can therefore induce issues with patching and integrating legacy with new technology systems.
- Identifying static security system measures and consolidating the network architecture.
- Automating cyber security management to defend against automated cyber threats, and eliminate inadequate patching.
- Creating a specialised threat analysis and protection plans with multiple vendors