Conference Day One: Tuesday, 27 November 2018
Tuesday, November 27th, 2018
11:20 AM PANEL DISCUSSION: Senior Leaders Deliberate and Strategise Against Present and Future Cyber Security Challenges
Industry experts discuss their unique vulnerabilities and challenges in the cyber space including the pressing issues of sophisticated cyber threats and digital landscape transformations. Concentrating on recent experiences in their organisations this panel will share their critical security decisions and actions taken to increase both internal and external cyber defences.
- The insider threats and the need to effectively mitigate them with internal skills and awareness training.
- Proactively addressing the shortage of skilled cyber security professionals, and non-technical employees lacking awareness of cyber security practices.
- Identifying and prioritising the most pressing security concerns and establishing solutions in an ever-expanding cyber security market.
1:40 PM CASE STUDY: ICARE Cyber Security Strategies to Reduce Risks Through an Integrated and Collaborative Approach Across the Organisation
Progression in tech innovations and the movement towards digital data storage provides Governments with many benefits, but it also creates increased security risks - connectedness invites accelerated threats. ICARE responded to this progression by improving threat prevention internally, Darren Argyle presents the solutions practiced:
- Regular practice and training for information sharing and establishing a quick response to threats.
- Key control assessments and implementations (focus on 15 -20/100 controls e.g. two factor authentication).
- Coordinating collaboration with the private sector resourcefully and proficiently