NSW Fire Brigade
11:20 AM PANEL DISCUSSION: Senior Leaders Deliberate and Strategise Against Present and Future Cyber Security Challenges
Industry experts discuss their unique vulnerabilities and challenges in the cyber space including the pressing issues of sophisticated cyber threats and digital landscape transformations. Concentrating on recent experiences in their organisations this panel will share their critical security decisions and actions taken to increase both internal and external cyber defences.
- The insider threats and the need to effectively mitigate them with internal skills and awareness training.
- Proactively addressing the shortage of skilled cyber security professionals, and non-technical employees lacking awareness of cyber security practices.
- Identifying and prioritising the most pressing security concerns and establishing solutions in an ever-expanding cyber security market.
4:10 PM CASE STUDY: Identifying Cyber Security as a Business Strategy to both Simplify and Strengthen Digital Data Protection
The challenges of cyber security are huge and increasingly complex. Cyber security requires a new mindset. We will be looking at cyber security as a capability that is holistically integrated and enables business by instilling a culture of cyber security throughout an enterprise.
- How to create a simpler view: Establishing a universal structure and approach to cyber security resulting in effective implementation across the department.
- The step by step process of integrating the cyber security business strategy across the NSW Fire Brigade.
- Adapting and improving the strategy to defend evolving circumstances: Prevention instead of reaction.