Conference Day One - Tuesday, 28 May 2019
Tuesday, November 27th, 2018
The GDPR changed the way people and businesses think about privacy. With its extraterritorial scope and high noncompliance fines, it forced companies to implement ongoing, operational and privacy-focused initiatives by design into their businesses, changing the way companies interact with customers, employees and vendors. Since its enforcement date, the regulation has been a catalyst for new data protection laws across the globe: including groundbreaking new regulations in California, Brazil, India and others, meaning global businesses will need to reassess their privacy compliance across a growing matrix of regulatory requirements. In this session, we will discuss the current state of the global privacy environment and how companies can build programs that address the overarching requirements of various data protection laws.
- Gain an understanding of the current regulatory environment
- Learn the strategies and tactics for managing a global privacy program
- Take away a roadmap and action plan for compliance across the globe’s privacy regulations
- Understand the implications of the GDPR, CCPA and other global privacy laws
- Build a privacy program that addresses the overarching requirements of various data protection laws